Monday, June 14, 2010

How can I stop the knees wearing out???

This is a 2-fold question. How do I stop the knees of Corbins trousers wearing out so quickly and how do I stop his little knees themselves from "wearing" out, ie how do I protect them? Our knees weren't designed to be crawled on all our lives, its our feet that have the thick skin to protect them not our knees.

I double knee (ie sew in a 2nd layer of fabric) all his trousers before he wears them - this gives him an extra couple of weeks out of them, but on average he goes through the knee of a pair of trousers about once every 3-4 weeks. This is about the same time span as he goes through a pair of shoes!!!
I've tried numerous things to protect his knees and his trousers including skateboard knee pads (but these hindered his crawling), leather patches & padded patches. What other options are there???

No comments:

Post a Comment