Saturday, March 10, 2012

"I'm happy with my life the way it is..."

Corbin had a physio appointment this week in which we were given a couple of new "stretches" or exercises that are damn near impossible for Corbin to do and yes you guessed it they hurt!!! So Corbin being Corbin clearly showed his dislike with the whole process yet again and which prompted the physio to say to him..
"You have to do this to strengthen those muscles so you can walk - you want to be able to walk don't you?"
To this Corbin flatly answered "No!" in a very grumpy manner.
That night I lay down on the bed beside him and I asked Corbin if what he said to the physio earlier was true - was that how he truly felt? To which my precious little man burst into tears and replied...
"I'm happy with my life the way it is, I like crawling..."

Talk about break my heart...

On one hand I can't help but feel that because he doesn't know any difference and has no idea how much easier his life would be (and OK mine too) if he did walk, especially in the future when its not going to be so cool to crawl ie when you're a teenager - but then I guess I should be delighted that he accepts the way he is and he is happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment