Sunday, November 28, 2010

Singapore

After 17 hours of travelling, Corbin and I finally arrived at our hotel in Singapore at 10.30 pm Singapore time (or 3.30am NZ time) last night.

We left home at 10am NZ time and drove 2 hours to Queenstown airport. 30 minutes from home Corbin asks "Is this Queenstown?". Oh boy its gunna be a long day...

I have never flown internationally out of Queenstown before so it was a damn good job that we arrived 2.5 hours before the flight because we stood waiting for check in for 1.5 hours!!! I have never seen or been in such a slow moving check in line!!!

Because Queenstown is such a small airport I checked Corbins stroller in with our luggage but unfortunately I didnt think about the stop off/change of planes in Sydney. About 500metres into our long journey thru the Sydney airport I found a luggage trolley and popped Corbin into the basket of that and of course while browsing in a duty free shop on the way to the next plane, the idiotic shop assistant asked Corbin what he was doing in the trolley, that he was too big to be in there and he should be walking!!! What is it with employees at the Sydney airport??? Once again this man bent over backwards to be nice when I politely(?) informed him that Corbin was unable to walk and it was too far for me to carry him.

It was only a short 50 min stop over in Sydney then it was on to Singapore. Normally a couple of movies breaks the monotony of the 8 hr flight, but guess what? The were having huge problems with the inflight entertainment system and some of the plane couldnt get the service or sound and I couldnt get sound. Great!!! Thank goodness I took a trashy book with me. Corbin went to sleep about 2 hours into the flight and I read.

Needless to say we both went straight to sleep once we reached the hotel, however Corbin was wide awake at 4.30am (which was a sleep in if we were still in NZ). So we are in for another long day.

Anyway we have a couple of days sightseeing and a little shopping before our assessment on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to seeing the ABR team and of course Leonid. I'm in dire need of a little encouragement.....

No comments:

Post a Comment