Friday, July 30, 2010

Wheres the wheelchair?

How could I be so stupid?

As per past posts I have been taking Corbin on the bus a bit lately. This term the bus no longer comes past our drive so, weather permitting, on a Friday morning I drive 1 km to meet the bus at the closest collection point, then I go with Corbin on the bus and off load him at the other end, then I walk about 4 km back to the car. What I have normally been doing is I leave Corbins wheelchair at school on Thursday ready for when we arrive the following morning.

This morning we arrived at school - no wheelchair - OMG what an idiot, I'd left it in the car!!! This is a bit like sending your "normal" child to school with their legs taped together so they can't move. How could I completely forget about Corbins essentials. Maybe it was a momentary lapse in that dream world I sometimes visit where there are no "extras' required.

So after I walked back to the car - I then had to drive the wheelchair to school - talk about a time waster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment