Monday, January 25, 2010

LIFES CURVEBALL

When you set out to have a family you don't for one moment ever think that you will have a child with a disability. You might know of people with disabilities or people with children with disabilities but it never occurs to you that it will happen to you, so when it does happen to us unfortunate few, I can assure you it is gutting. We weren't born prepared to face life with a child with a disability, just as people aren't born perpared to face life with dehabilitating diseases or any other of lifes curveballs.

I've had people say to me, even someone in my own family "I don't know how you do it (raise a child with a disability) - I could never do it......." Well, like I said, just like anyone else I wasn't born prepared for this, and its not like I had a choice. You just do the best you can with what you've got, thats all you can do, thats all anyone can ever do............

No comments:

Post a Comment