Saturday, March 9, 2013

Deep Cove - Fiordland

Last week I had the priviledge of going to Deep Cove with Miss Livees class.  It has been a couple of years since I have been there (well more than a couple - the only time I have been was when I was 12 myself!!) and I guess as a 12 year old you don't really appreciate the beauty that is essentially at our back door.
We had fantastic weather which isn't the best to showcase the amazing waterfalls but it was just brilliant tramping/walking conditions.
I just have to share a couple of photos:

 The view at the top of the Wilmot Pass looking down into Deep Cove.

This was a absolutely beautiful, otherworld like, waterhole that most of us got in.  You cant see it in the photo but there is a waterfall behind the big rock going into the waterhole.  Miss Livee is the head in the water way over the back by the rock - she was the biggest water baby there!!! And yes the water was freezing - I only lasted about 2 minutes!!!

The tramp to Stella Falls
 
Another water hole at the bottom of Stella Falls that most of the kids got in.... there was a common theme - lets get wet..........
 
Some of the kids out fishing.
 
What a fantastic place.


No comments:

Post a Comment