Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Corbins Paediatric Check Up

In NZ we visit the Paediatrician once a year for him to monitor Corbins progress. Our annual visit was today.

For the past couple of years we have gone through the usual round of questioning. Along the following lines:
"Are you doing physio every day?" Yes (white lie)
"You know how important it is to do stretching everday to maintain Corbins flexibility?" Yes (another white lie because I don't agree)
"Have you had an orthopedic check up recently?" Yes - last year just after we saw you (this is true but I left out the part that I cancelled the one we were meant to go to in March)
"Are they (Orthopedics) going to "try" botox?" No they wanted to do an achilles release but I would not agree to the surgery.
"Why is that?" Because he can get both ankles to 90 degrees so I fail to see what benefit this surgery would give. At this point pediatrician has a look at Corbins legs and does a few basic stretches and some "manipulation".
"He really does have quite good flexibility and a good range of motion doesn't he?" Yes
"I would be inclined to agree with you - an achilles release isn't the right option at this time. Are you still travelling to Australia for treatment?" Yes (well define treatment!)
"Do you ever see a doctor when you go?" No (the truth)
"Are they more physios and the likes?" Yes (well kind of!!!)
"Well keep doing what you are doing because its obviously working" (I know that!!!)

Well thats it for another year I guess. I can't wait for the day when Corbin walks into his clinic and then maybe the orthodox medical profession will be ready to listen to the real truth about ABR ............

No comments:

Post a Comment