Sunday, April 11, 2010

ABR Manual Hours to date


OK I've had a count up.

A total of 2304 manual hours over 3 years and 4 months of ABR, or an average of 15 hours per week (excludes the 3 weeks/year when we travel to Australia for ABR - it does not include holidays because we don't have many holidays from ABR).

In addition to these hours, there is the time spent on setting up for each different application, making new foams, "fluffing" up the old ones, recording home videos for each clinic trip, keeping records, doing this blog etc, etc.

Wow and people have the audacity to ask me when I'm going back to work!!! On that note I do actually have another part time job, besides being a therapist and a mother, I'm an Accountant believe it or not. I have a University degree in Accounting and Finance, but currently I only use my qualification/brain as my husbands small business accountant/bookkeeper. As you can see ABR "technician/therapist" was not my chosen profession.

I have to admit that I do get help from my husband and my wonderful mother. Without whom I would have never been able to achieve these hours.

My husband averages about 2 hours per week. He does the "active exercise" which is one of the many ABR "tools".

My darling mother normally does about 3 hours per week. She currently focuses on the "ball rolling" technique.

I average about 10 hours per week. Some weeks its more, some its less. It just depends on how much is happening for the week. Initially I did it all, but that wasn't working for anyone and its all about finding a happy balance that works. And as they say in ABR circles "its a marathon, not a sprint".

So as you can see, ABR is no miracle cure, and effort is required, but at the end of the day its the only thing that has helped Corbin and the future of our gorgeous little boy is what its all about for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment