Wednesday, March 3, 2010

THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT OF SPEECH

Corbin is a very, very deep thinker for his age. At the tender age of 6, Corbin already has plans for his future. Its almost like he feels he needs to have his future signed and sealed now!!!!

Corbin is also extremely talkative (which I am very thankful for - I do not take much for granted - there are so many parents we know that would dearly love to hear their precious children speak) so on our 7 hour car trip home from Christchurch he had plenty of time to "chew my ear".

He wants to be a builder like his Dad, and then he kindly offered to do the bookwork/accountancy for the business to help me out (how sweet). He intends to live in a bus, because "that would be cheaper than a house wouldn't it Mum?". The bus needs to have a place for his tools and it needs to have an office, "and I wouldn't need a car as well would I Mum? "

He is not going to have a girlfriend or a wife because he doesn't want to spend all his money on one (I have no idea where he got the idea that girlfriends and wives cost money!!! I didnt have the heart to him that it is actually children that cost the money).

I laughed to myself for the first 2 hours of his constant babbling, then I tried desperately hard to activate the "off" switch. Finally with 1 hour from home he went to sleep.

Thank you for the gift of speech .....................

1 comment:

  1. Hahah my brother Raphy is a non-stop talker as well, and I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world :)

    ReplyDelete